Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Wrong Day For Cabelas And Sudden Rain Storms

Apparently I picked the wrong day to go to Cabelas. I was going to get a Father's day gift, because I'm stupid and couldn't remember if Father's day was this Sunday or next Sunday. So I go in to get a simple gift card, which you only have to go strait to the register for. He likes various things, but with fishing and hunting, we know nothing about it. so we always get the wrong thing, and I'm only spending about $50, not enough to get a really great gun or anything. But I walk in, and there are lines every which way. they have cashiers at every station including those for customer service taking customers, and there are huge lines everywhere. I literally waited and I timed it for 20 minutes in one line, and it was the shorter line of the many just to get a stupid gift card. and to add insult to injury, it's not till next sunday.

either way, it wasn't way hot, and my dog who was going to socialization class, spent that time waiting in his kennel in the car, and I rolled with windows down. Luckily, it didn't rain while I was in there. after socialization class, it suddenly started pouring, and I had gone to work. I had to drive the 15 minute drive back home, which obviously took longer than normal, with rain pouring down, wind blowing me over to the side, and water rushing up, even at one point hitting my car in a huge wave that made a huge bump against my car. There were no other cars near me, or else I would've thought that they had hit me. And then I had to run out to find all the dogs and get them into the garage. The two bigger dogs came right in. But after yelling for a while, I had to run out and find my little daschund, cowering out there in his dogloo, because he was rightly afraid of all the rain. Once he saw me, he was ready to make the run. But I don't think he could hear me with all the rain and his dogloo is on the other side of the house, so he couldn't see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment