Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A $4000 Tip

Now I really wish I had served Johnny Depp back when I was a waitress. I worked at a cheap Chinese restaurant granted. But I gave every customer the same great quality of service, catering to each customer's needs, whether I knew they were going to give me a good tip or thought that they were the type to say how great you were and then leave you shit for tips. But Depp left some lucky waiter a $4,000 tip! I mean I'm sure it meant nothing to him, he just felt the inclination to drop it that day. But holy crap! I guess he went in at 11:30 and they didn't leave till 2:30. The tip was $4400, so 20% would be $880, still a sizable tip, but standard for any amount, 20%. But wow, $4000! Honestly, that would be a good celebrity experience. I just hope for the waiter he wasn't a jerk before he gave that tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment