Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Do Not Forgive You, But I Will Forget

I want you to know that while I do not forgive you, because forgiving would imply that what you did was somehow acceptable, somehow okay, somehow not as hurtful as it is. I will forget you. I will forget about you entirely. I do not forgive you for forgetting me, I do not forgive you for letting me get lost in your world that was taken up entirely by other things, all of which were apparently more important. I don't forgive you for telling me that I can't be trusted because I said one thing I wasn't supposed to when I was 5. I don't forgive you for assuming that I will mess up every major deal because I didn't look into things with a phone bill when I was 18. I don't forgive you for assuming I was too stupid to get into a state college. I don't forgive you for forcing me to stay in the same high school when I asked you not once, but repeatedly, to transfer me out, because there was a high suicide rate, I had no friends going there, and I knew everything that was coming. I do not forgive you for conveniently forgetting about all the things that happened to me because you were unwilling to budge. I do not forgive you for never admitting when you were wrong. I do not forgive you for always seeing everybody else as better than me and more of a priority than me, and I do not forgive you for letting me fall between the cracks every time and choosing anybody else, even somebody you didn't even know when there was a choice. I do not forgive you for always taking the other side. I do not forgive you for fucking up my life and then taking no blame assuming it must have been anyone but you. But I will forget you. I will walk away, and I will never think about you ever again, I will never give you credit, I will never again blame you because you will not be a part of my life ever again, because otherwise, I don't think I can stand it and I don't think I will make it out alive.

1 comment:

  1. ABB: You apparently haven't given a relationship your all just to have someone shit on you, treat you like you're disposable, etc. You'll change your tune if that ever happens. Even though you seem to be a heartless jackass I wouldn't want to wish such pain on anyone.

    She is pretty, sounds intelligent from what I've read and by now I'm sure she's doing fine.

    Are you sure you're not the emo one? Being so emotionally wrecked to the point of telling someone who simply wrote a few paragraphs in a blog to kill their self in a time of pain points more towards you being severely emotionally damaged. Good luck with that...

    ReplyDelete