Monday, April 20, 2009

What Is Wrong With Kids

My friend’s cute daughter started messaging me on facebook the other day, and she has some mental challenges. But she’s really sweet, and talking to her on facebook, I honestly wouldn’t have known the difference between her and one of her sisters. I could’ve sworn it was one of them in fact. But she talks to me, joking around, telling me stuff about what’s going on at home, things like that. So I figure, it’s not interrupting anything and may as well. Plus, as a kid, she posts on her facebook about how she’s bored, etc. I see kids do that all the time. I did a counselor stint at a summer camp, and since then my girls get on msn, facebook, etc, message me, chat me, stuff like that.
But something I didn’t realize. With this particular kid, apparently I’m one of two people who talks to her on facebook. That made me sad, because she’s a sweet kid, and I honestly had no idea. But I’m wondering she’s high school age. What is wrong with kids that they can’t take a minute and talk to the kid on facebook? I mean honestly. There is something wrong with high school kids, not as if there wasn’t something wrong with them when I was in high school. But seriously, what is their problem! I don’t know what’s wrong with kids, how people raise their kids, they seem to be getting snottier these days I swear. I mean what would it take to just say hi, chat a little. What would it take to be a descent person?

No comments:

Post a Comment