Monday, May 25, 2009

Christian?

I had someone ask me if I was Christian today. I went to church with them when I was on a trip and staying with them, because that’s what you do as a guest. You do small things like that and suck it up. I grew up a Christian yes, but I have nothing to do with it now. But apparently, he was somehow under the impression that I was a strong and valiant Christian. My head is still spinning as to how he came to that conclusion exactly. We had a talk about how I wasn’t, and I heard the standard if you read the bible and really read with your heart or if you go to church or whatnot, then you will see. I can pretty much beat 99% of Christians on that one, having read the Bible 6 different times all the way through, and yes it takes a while, going to church, etc. and I got nothing out of it. I even went in with the whole idea of reading with your heart open and praying and all that as it states in one particular scripture. Nothing. So I guess that whole if you just do this didn’t quite hold up for me. But I am honestly blown away as to how anybody could have thought that I was a Christian. I like to think I’m a good, nice person, and maybe they automatically associate that with being Christian and consider no other possibilities. But really? I mean I am a pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro a lot of things that Christians just aren’t supportive of person in every way. How does that figure?

No comments:

Post a Comment