Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things I Want In A Guy

They say you should never make a list for the things you want in a guy or a girl, whichever you are actually attracted to. But we all do. We all have our shallow lists, and some of us have our non shallow lists. I have both, and I'm okay with that. But I still have them, and I'm holding onto them, because at some point you have to have standards. So here I go.
Shallow list
1. No man hands-this is not determined by the care they take care of it. a manicure is not going to fix man hands. you are born with the hands you have, very simple.
2. he has to have great eyes-i am an eyes girl. if you have a great face with your sunglasses on and then you take them off and....what happened! that doesn't work for me
3. no hairy monkey man-hair disgusts me in a way I can't even begin to describe. they say hairy man have their benefits. Frankly, I don't want to be laying there in a bed of hair!
4. a butt-i'm not talking about a great butt or anything special. but he does have to have a butt. It's like watching king of the hill with hank hill and he literally has no butt, that's really bad
5. Fashion sense-no make up. that is one thing, no skinny jeans. but a guy needs to have a style of his own. without that, he's just another guy.

non shallow list
1. he has to know how to cook-i don't know how to cook. well actually i do, i just don't do it. so if he doesn't know how to cook, we're all screwed! No, really, I only cook very specific things, and there's a 50/50 chance he's going to like the things I cook. So it's a good fallback plan.
2. Must love animals-I'm not going to specify one animal, just animals in general. I like to keep dogs, snakes, cats, hamsters, ferrets, fish, all sorts of stuff. though I particularly like the ones i can touch. Horses are really fun too. if he doesn't like animals or moreover hates animals, i don't think he would actually enjoy being around me, because I'd be too much of an animal person
3. Compassion-compassion for animals, compassion for other people, compassion for children. essentially what I am saying here is he has to care. This also extends to treating people of other races, other religions, other this, other that equally. If he doesn't care, it tends to happen that he tends to see certain things and certain even people as "below" him, and he treats them accordingly. It's a scary thing when you become one of the things that is "below" him.
4. Personality-I guess this is a really general thing. But if there's some kind of mystery and yet charm about him and you know there's more to him than you see on the surface, and he has a real personality and not just one he displays because it's convenient, that is a must have.
5. Passion and sexuality-in terms of sex, passion is absolutely necessary. Robotic is not okay! and in terms of life in general, if he has passion for nothing, he cannot have passion for you. he goes through his life in this monotone fashion, and eventually, he figures out that he has been missing something in his life. this leads to a lot of things that no girl wants to deal with and can even tear people apart. it's not fun. but passion is exciting, passion gives him something to work for, something to sacrifice at times for, something to work harder at.

No comments:

Post a Comment