Monday, May 11, 2009

Getting Old

Sometimes I think that there is nothing to look forward to in terms of getting old, and actually I don’t just think that, I know that. Luckily, I’m 99% sure I’m never going to reach 50, let alone getting way old. So that’s a plus. But for people who do get old, some people want to get old. That’s the amazing thing. I mean I understand they want to see their grandkids and everything. But at the same point in time, it comes with so many other things. I mean grandkids are great, but not when you really don’t remember them, because you’ve lost it. And all the other health problems that end up with people going into the doctor all the time and ultimately being a burden on the people you love. I don’t know that I could handle all of that. I don’t know that I would want to handle all of that. So I figure it’s probably a good thing I don’t have to think about all this stuff. Even now, my dad is only 55 and already going downhill that way. I don’t think I ever want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment