Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Blame Myself

And after I have been really good about avoiding tickets and avoiding cops for about 6 months now, I got a ticket. It’s a miserable thing, and it was a bad situation too. I’m a little irritated. I should’ve been prepared yes. But at the same point in time, the road changes by 10mph in the speed limit because of a construction zone, and he basically cited me right in that zone. And then he speaker-thinged me to move my car up, because apparently it wasn’t far enough off the road for him. Not very nice. Mostly, I don’t think it’s fair to do that right when the speed changes. But I guess they get a lot of tickets that way. I mean I was going 5 over right before, and then it turned into 15 over of course adding the 10 mph speed difference.
I figure I’ll just go to traffic school, because he did put that in the allowance. But still, I think it should be more lenient for the simple reason of the change right there, or he should park a little farther out so that people can adjust to the changing speed at a more efficient rate. That is just my thought on the whole thing.
But at the same point in time, I now blame myself. They had no left turn signs, partly because there is only one lane in construction zones either ways. But people kept stopping all traffic so they could make an illegal left turn, and one guy was so stupid and in such a hurry that he almost got himself creamed by a semi. So I called the local police to let them know you know maybe you should patrol this area for that, because obviously it is a real risk. I drive that road every day getting to work, and now I have basically cursed myself, because every day I see at least 3 cops along that road lasering to see if people are speeding. And every day I kick myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment